The Municipality has extended the deadline until Friday, April 25, for feedback regarding the public consultations on the 2 Plans:
– the Parks and Green Areas Master Plan
– the Active Transport Master Plan
How to learn about the 2 master plans:
- You can read the consultant’s (Plania) plan by going to chelsea.ca –> scroll down to “Apr07” then click on next 3 pages to get to April 07 event; click on the link in the text to access the plans.
- Join us at our AGM next Wednesday, 7 May, 7pm at Farm Point Community Centre when we will be reviewing and discussing the two proposed master plans.
You can provide feedback by:
1. Printing off forms – but it’s 36 pages;
2. Picking up forms from Municipality offices;
3. New option: email your comments to Sophie Hubert at [email protected].
Deadline is Friday, April 25
Main issues include: (Prioritize or comments)
– importance of trails – to develop a network of “nature paths” linking neighbourhoods to each other and schools, Centre Village, Gatineau River and Gatineau Park;
– bike lanes: designated cycling lanes;
– multi-use pathways;
– converting the railway into a community trail (in the event the train does not run);
– bike lanes on de la Montagne, Old Chelsea Road and chemin de la Mine
– importance of parks as meeting and socializing places (includes smaller, neighbourhood parks & Meredith, St. Stephen’s & Hollow Glen)
– access to Gatineau River; and access to Beamish Lake in Hollow Glen.