SCT is a community based, not-for-profit group dedicated to the preservation and creation of a green trail network linking the village centre, schools and community centres to neighbourhoods and to the natural assets of Gatineau Park and the Gatineau River. Contact us by email at email@example.com.
SCT was founded in October 2009 when a small working group of Chelsea citizens got together to look for ways to preserve what remains of Chelsea’s rich cultural and historical legacy of trails, and, where possible, to enhance and expand this existing trail system. Officially established as a not-for-profit organization in August 2010, Chelsea Trails has charitable status, a constitution, and a 12-person Board of Directors.
SCT works to give the trail network a stronger voice in our community. SCT promotes active living, active transport and enjoyment of nature. We strive to:
- Advocate for the preservation of existing community trails.
- Improve active transport options for Chelsea residents and visitors, building on Chelsea’s Active Transport Master Plan.
- Seek out opportunities to build Chelsea’s trails networks through new trails development.
- Integrate trail considerations in the development and recreational planning process at the Municipality.
- Help turn the Municipality’s inventory of raw lands designated for trails into active trails.
- Expand the network of trails in a sustainable and environmentally sensitive way.